Join The Lion Family!
2020-2021 Admissions Page!
- Apply from Home TODAY!: Complete an Application
- In Person: 1855 Lucretia Ave, San Jose, CA 95122
- Call: (408) 479-0253
- Attend Summer Bridge: Mid-July 2020 (Dates to be released)
Welcome, Future Jaguars!
Selecting a high school for your child is an important decision for a parent. It is especially important when the goal for your child is to go to college and prepare for a career. I want to invite you to learn about The Luis Valdez Leadership Academy (A free public charter high school) and what we can offer your child.
The Luis Valdez Leadership Academy offers your child a safe, state-of-the-art learning environment, an A-G college curriculum, wrap-around support services, AP Courses, Free SAT preparation, Career Exploration, Sports, a Google Chromebook (No cost for use), No Cost lunches, a Free VTA Clipper Card, Academic Enrichment, and College Visits. LVLA offers parents bi-weekly workshops on financial aid, behavioral support, and much more!
This year’s graduating class has gained admission to 4-year universities such as UC Berkeley, University of Pennsylvania, UC Santa Cruz, UC Merced, San Francisco State University, San Jose State University, Sacramento State University, Fresno State University, St. Mary’s College of California, The University of Pacific, and many others. We have a lot to offer your child and invite you to visit to see more.
Our beautiful, 10.5-acre campus is located in East San Jose and sits at the base of the east foothills (14281 Story Road, San Jose, CA 95127). Your child would be learning in a safe environment, in beautiful state-of-the-art learning facilities, and in beautiful outdoor spaces. Each of our learning spaces has the latest instructional technology, modular furniture, and Wi-Fi environment. I want to invite you and your child to visit our campus to see for yourselves. If you would like to learn more, please contact us at (408) 479-0253.
APPLY ONLINE NOW!
Open Enrollment - Apply Now!
August-May: Application period. Acceptance letters sent out.
July 15th: Random lottery held, if necessary. Status of application will be mailed to families.
- If demand for school slots exceeds the number of slots available, a lottery system will be implemented.
- In order of preference for prospective school families is as follows: First Priority: Current families (siblings); Second Priority: Families within the East Side Union High School District; Third Priority: Non-district students.
- If such a lottery becomes necessary, it will be held, as many days from the start of the school year as is possible from the time it becomes clear there will be more applicants than slots. This will be done to give students who were not admitted sufficient time to register at another school.
- RCLA is open to all students, on a space-available basis, and does not and will not discriminate based on ethnicity, national origin, gender, disability or racial background.