Join The Lion Family!
2023 - 2024 Admissions Page!
- Apply from Home TODAY!: Complete an Interest Form
- In Person: 1855 Lucretia Avenue, San Jose, CA 95122
- Call: (408) 729-2281 Ext. 1068
Welcome, Future Lions!
Dear Incoming LVLA Students and Families,
Congratulations on your acceptance into LVLA! We are excited to have you be part of our LVLA community and I would like to take this opportunity to inform you of what to expect over the course of the next four years. At LVLA we believe in developing ALL students such that they demonstrate leadership, responsibility and resilience. We believe these are the necessary skills to be successful in an ever-changing world. We center these values in the rich culture that each student carries with them.
We believe that by developing leadership, responsibility and resilience in our students over the next four years, it will ensure that they leave LVLA both academically prepared for college or work, and most importantly, with the ability to be agents for change in their lives and in their community.
Your first experience at LVLA will be what we call Summer-Bridge. Summer-Bridge is an opportunity for our incoming freshman to:
- Build healthy relationships with both their peers and their teachers
- Start to develop an understanding of the classroom structures and routines
- Start to develop an understanding of our systems and processes, such as attendance and lunch.
- To get oriented to the campus
- To HAVE FUN!
We are all so excited to meet and get to know each individual student! We look forward to seeing all students during Summer Bridge, and to a productive and exciting school year! We will be in touch in late July/ early August with more details pertaining to Summer Bridge.
Luis Valdez Leadership Academy
APPLY ONLINE NOW!
Open Enrollment - Apply Now!
August 2022 - January 2023: Application Period.
February 2023 - March 2023: Early Registration Period.
July 15th: Random lottery held, if necessary. Status of application will be mailed to families.
- If demand for school slots exceeds the number of slots available, a lottery system will be implemented.
- In order of preference for prospective school families is as follows: First Priority: Current families (siblings); Second Priority: Families within the East Side Union High School District; Third Priority: Non-district students.
- If such a lottery becomes necessary, it will be held, as many days from the start of the school year as is possible from the time it becomes clear there will be more applicants than slots. This will be done to give students who were not admitted sufficient time to register at another school.
- RCLA is open to all students, on a space-available basis, and does not and will not discriminate based on ethnicity, national origin, gender, disability or racial background.