NWEA MAP Fall 2021 Test Administration
- NWEA MAP Fall 2021 Test Administration
- 8/27/2021, 8:30 AM – 3:45 PM
Thank you for joining me during our Advisory session yesterday. If you missed some of the information, I have attached the PowerPoint for your reference and preview. MAP Growth exams are extremely important for us to monitor your growth in Language Usage, Math, Reading, and Science, and determine goals in 2021/2022. The MAP assessments are extremely important, please participate @ 100% effort. It is an adaptive test, meaning it is tailored to YOU, and the questions are based on how you answer, and change in complexity as you answer correctly or incorrectly. The NUMBER ONE goal is to demonstrate growth annually and as you progress between Grades 9, 10, 11, and 12. Keep in mind the report your Advisor shared with you yesterday, you want to demonstrate annual growth.
Who is Testing? Grades 9, 10, 11 and 12
What Tests? Reading, Language Usage, Math and Science
When are the Tests? Thursday, August 26th and Friday, August 27th
Where are we Testing? In Advisory, using your Chromebook. You will attend your Advisory all day on Thursday and Friday.
Why are we Testing?
- To monitor your progress in Reading, Language Usage, Math and Science.
- Identify the skills mastered and skills you are ready to learn
- The data is used to report to you, your parent/guardians, our school, district, and state about your progress.
- These results are used for reporting and are used as evidence of your academic grade level in Reading, Language Usage, Math and Science.
- The test will inform us how long you spend on a test and will ask you to slow down if you are going too fast. Take your time.
- These scores are recorded and a part of your academic file. You can use this as evidence when applying for different programs, scholarships, etc. It is part of your story.
How are we Testing? Tests will be administered by your Advisor. You will attend Advisory class on Thursday and Friday (all day).
Is School Out Early Next Week? No. Dismissal is 3:45PM.